Sunday, June 8, 2014

Reservoir Edge Opposite Sembawang Park Connector

The thunderstorms followed by intermittent passing showers on Saturday 17 May lasted the whole morning. In the late afternoon around 3 pm, the sun started to warm the ground. So, I decided heading out to Mandai, opposite the Sembawang Park Connector. 

My first shot of the afternoon at the reservoir edge was a pink critter, perhaps a nymph of  a shield bug. It was found on a Singapore Rhododendron leaf.
A rather common but colourful and attractive shield bug was seen at the same location before. In fact, I could find more of this bug when I search around the plants carefully.
I am not sure if this damselfly is Onychargia atrocyana which perched at the tip of a blade of grass.
The Common Palmfly (Elymnias hypermnestra agina) tends to be very skittish and sensitive to movement. However when it was feeding, we might have a chance to take a few shots.
A female Malay Baron (Euthalia monina monina) was at rest in the late afternoon under a shady spot.
A Malay Viscount (Tanaecia pelea pelea) was flitting around before settling down on a leaf of the Singapore Rhododendron.
I am not sure if this is a kind of Ricaniid planthopper. It was turning its wings up and down while I was taking this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment