Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Colony of Grey Pansy @ Mandai Track 15

After the morning rain on 14 June, I dropped by Mandai Track 15 in the late afternoon. As expected, the cool weather might have made the forest critters lethargic and inactive. For a long period of time I was just strolling along the quiet forest trail andoccasionally on the tarred road. 

Finally I came to an open space where a colony of Grey Pansy (Junonia atlites atlites)  was spotted fluttering and feeding on some Bidens flowers. 
These Grey Pansies were very alert and didn't seem to like my presence. Getting a decent shot required a lot of patience and luck.
I guess this is a Contiguous Swift (Polytremis lubricans lubricans) resting on a leaf surface.
A couple of Peacock Pansy (Junonia almana javana) was fighting for nectar amongst the Grey Pansies.
I could not get a proper underside shot of this Dart skipper, a Potanthus species.  
A glimpse of the underside shot was the best I could get as it opened its wings within  a split of a second.
On may way back to the "main gate", this Gram Blue (Euchrysops cnejus cnejus) presented a very nice pose for me to snap a few shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment