Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Some Critters @ Bukit Brown

I visited  Bukit Brown cemetery a few times in the month of November; each time with the hope of shooting the Banded Line Blue (Prosotas lutea sivoka) which I first discovered it recently. I could see at least one individual fluttering around its larval host plant but I just didn't have the luck to shoot it again.
However, there were some other critters attracted my attention. Thus rather tame Green Crested Lizard (Bronchocela cristatella) climbed up and hung on to a piece of wooden plank peeping at the passers by.
I went closer and took some shots of its elegant posture. 
Another shot when it turned around to look at me,
A pair of colourful beetles was found on a leaf above my eye level - they were performing a kind of mating dance perhaps - I am not sure at all.
They approached closer and seem to "fight" with their antennae. It was a pity that I couldn't take a proper top view shot
Another brown beetle emerged from the underside of this leaf.
A very tiny cricket was looking around to avoid its predators ?
A kind of paper wasp was found performing "acrobatic exercise" on the leaves of  this particular shrub which has lots of thorns on the stems.
I was delighted to see a Common Rose (Pachilopta aristolochiae asteris)  puddling on the damp soil of an open space. A very alert fellow, it flew off whenever I tried to move forward. In fact, I also saw a Common Birdwing flew past me. Unfortunately taking a good in-flight shot is really beyond my photographic skill.       
Lastly, a Common Hedge Blue (Acytolepis puspa lambi) was playing hide-and-seek with me. At last it was attracted to a piece of bird's dropping.

No comments:

Post a Comment