Sunday, May 27, 2012

From Belukar Track To Lornie Trail Part 1

On an early and sunny Saturday (12 May) morning, I took a bus to the Dairy Farm Park. While waiting for the "green man" to appear at a traffic light, an image of a butterfly puddllng site flashed through my mind. So  instead of crossing the road, I walked straight down to a sandy area. What a disappointment,  the puddling site is no longer conducive for butterflies.  

Decided not to turn back, I strolled along a "green corridor" next to the Belukar Track and it is parallel to the highway. Bearing in mind that I was walking on a mountain bike trail, I had to be on high alert of  the mountain bikers who sped past me at times - of course, a vast majority of them would slow down or shut when they saw joggers or trekkers like me.  

My first decent shot of the morning was this Malayan Bush Brown (Mycalesis fusca fusca) which was perching rather tamely.    
Here is another shot of its new perch after it was chased away by another Bush Brown butterfly.
At the same location, I saw a colourful shield bug high up underneath a leaf.
Finally I reached the highest point of this "green corridor" - the scenery was quite magnificent and the constant breeze was especially refreshing for me.
A black and yellow-spotted wasp was sighted "exploring" the soils where I took a short rest. According to John, this is a potter wasp (Vespidae: Eumeninae - Phimenes flavopictus) .
At the end of the "green corridor" is Rifle Range Road. I turned left heading towards Rifle Range Link Trail. Taking a slow walk along this quiet road, I could see quite a number of butterflies fluttering around. A few Pointed Line Blues (Ionolyce helicon merguiana ) were flitting and sunbathing along the roadside.
This is its upperside shot
A Common Line Blue (Prosotas nora superdates) was flitting amongst a few Pointed Line Blues.
Next, a female Archduke (Lexias pardalis dirteana) was found feeding on some rotten fruits.
What do you think of this Malay Viscount (Tanaecia pelea pelea ) butterfly, dead or alive ?

To be continued .. 

No comments:

Post a Comment